Today we are presenting amazing facts for kids which they must know. Why does the moon disappear in the day? How does the rain come from clouds? Kids asked hundreds of such questions! They are curious to know the answers which seems them as a mystery. So, instead of becoming irritated or loud at them, you should answer them calmly. Not everything is science neither is it magic and this is only you who can tell them at a very early age. More your child will ask and get curious about things, more he would learn. Here are some facts of science which your child must know, even he may ask some of these questions to you. Some of the basic science questions about animals or technology are given below which you should teach your child-
Some Amazing Science Facts for Kids
- Dinosaurs and cavemen did not live at the same time
No one has seen dinosaurs alive as people never coexist with the dinosaurs. They are well separated concerning geologic time. Humans came 65 million years after dinosaurs.
- Batteries don’t have electricity inside them
This may sound silly as an adult, and you may say ‘who doesn’t know that?’ But this is actually a fact for children.
A battery has chemical energy in it, and it is a chemical reaction that converts the chemical energy into electricity.
- The Moon cannot only be seen at night
Many children ask this question!
At some specific location relative to the Earth and the Sun, the Moon can be seen in the daytime also. During the day, the Moon will appear white or grey because of the sunlight it reflects.
- Rain doesn’t come from holes in clouds
We all once thought like that!
Clouds always have water vapour and droplets but these droplets or condensed water are too small to fall as rain. Due to the evaporation and condensation, the water droplets grow collision of the water bits grows. And when it is enough, the droplets fall from the cloud as rain.
- Objects don’t float in water because they’re lighter than water
An object floats over water when it weighs the same as or less than the weight of the water it displaces.
- Heat is energy
Yes! Heat is a form of energy. The atoms of a hot object and molecules have rapid movement while colder objects are less excited and show less movement.
- The Sun doesn’t disappear at night
The Earth is a giant sphere that is spinning. The Sun shines on the Earth all the time, the side of the Earth-facing towards the Sun will undergo daylight while the side, away from the Sun experience night.
- The Sun is a star
The Sun is a star, and it is positioned at the center of the Solar System. Unlike other start, Sun brights wit its own shine.
- The Sun is not smaller than the Earth
The Sun appears smaller in size from Earth because it is very far from it. However, It has a diameter of about 1,392,000 kilometers which is about 109 times that of the Earth.
Funny Facts of Science
- Rabbits and parrots can see behind themselves without moving their heads!
- Butterflies eat their food by standing on top of it! Unlike humans, their feet work like their taste receptor.
- Most of the dust in your home is actually dead skin!
- Stegosaurus dinosaur was 9 meters long, but its brain was only of the size of a walnut.
- Humans become little taller in space as no gravity pulls them down.
- Although a hippopotamus may seem huge, it can still run faster than a man.
- Even a broken analog clock shows the correct time at least twice a day.
- Sneezing with your eyes open is impossible.
- The most difficult tongue twister in the English language is “Sixth sick sheikh’s sixth sheep’s sick”. Try it yourself.
Amazing Science Facts About Animals
Animals themselves are amazing beings. Many times they show unique and sometimes very unusual behaviour, and you might wonder to hear some science facts about animals.
- The heart of a shrimp is in its head.
- A snail can sleep for three years.
- The fingerprints of a koala are same as humans that many time confused at a crime scene.
- Slugs have four noses.
- Elephants are the only animal that can’t jump
- A rhinoceros’ horn is made of hair.
- It is possible to hypnotize a frog by placing it on its back and gently stroking its stomach.
- It takes a sloth two weeks to digest its food.
- Approx 3% of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine.
- Bats always turn left when leaving a cave.
- The eye of an ostrich is bigger than its brain.
- Frogs cannot vomit. If one has to do so, it will vomit its entire stomach.
Technological Science Facts For Kids
Many of the children of today’s generation are Technology freaks! If your child is also one of them, he/ she must like to ask some questions related to it. However, there are some interesting facts about the technology you can tell them which we use every day.
- The first home video game was developed in 1967. It was called brown box then as it looked like one.
- World’s first computer was ENIAC which was weighed around 27 tonnes and occupied an entire hall.
- The internet and the World Wide Web both are different things.
- Although Leonardo Da Vinci sketched the plans to build a robot way back in 1495, Robotics is one of the fields that scientists are focusing on now.
Scientific knowledge is not only essential for your children but for parents also. If you know it, you can answer your child with confidence. You can create a bond of your child with outside world entertaining them as there are many fun and exciting facts of science are here in the world. Hope you liked this post, let us know if you are interested to know more facts of science!
Also Read: How to Make Your Kids Smarter